Thursday, April 23, 2009

baby day?!?

This could be the day!

Rachel is at the hospital! For those of you who want the "gory" details (and of course I know you do) she is 3cm and 80% effaced - they are keeping her in triage for an hour or so to see how she progresses.

I don't think I've ever been so excited!

Lauren and I are getting ready to head over to the hospital. Along with Rachel's husband, we are the lucky support people who get to witness the birth. I've done this seven times myself - but I've never watched someone else give birth. This is so awe-inspiring.

And it's my girl, my girl who was born just an instant ago! Could it really have been almost 23 years ago???

Thanks for your prayers. I'll keep you posted!

Don't you love this picture? Not like that anymore, is it?

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

I feel bad Cathy, I wish I would have gotten on before now. I could be praying with you all. But I send hugs and prayers of thanksgiving -- and can't wait to hear about all the gory details -- and how exciting that you got to be there.