Wednesday, November 12, 2008

it's a major award!

I'm feeling quite spiffy this morning as I just received my first ever award for this blog!

Cassie at Blessed Life showed me the love with this meaningful award. Thanks, Cassie! You are a peach!

This award acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his/her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary and personal values every day.

The rules to follow are :
1) Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person that has granted the award and his or her blog link.
2) Pass the award to other 15 blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgment. Remember to contact each of them to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

Wow! 15 is a big number! I don't know if I read 15 blogs regularly. This got me to thinking about the blogs I do read and why I like them.

I like blogs about the Catholic faith, because they challenge my spirit. (I enjoy blogs by Christians from other traditions too -- I'm always inspired by their love of Scripture.) I like "Mommy blogs" -- particularly those from young, enthusiastic moms who are excited to be mothering. (They motivate me to be a better mom myself.) I LOVE humorous blogs, because I need more laughter in my life, and reading them makes me feel funny. (Not funny weird, funny like I'm so amusing.)

I like lady-like blogs, because they inspire me to be more feminine. I like nostalgia, because who doesn't want to feel like a kid again? I like blogs that mentions good books, because words are my life. And I like blogs by men, because, well, I love men and how they think.

I like any blog that dwells on food, wine or chocolate, or that features beautiful art or photography.

I even like blogs with opinions different than my own.

So I'm a rather eclectic blog reader, but truthfully, I tend to flit around so much that I can't say I've committed to 15 blogs. So I'll just mention a couple of my favorites (they certainly exemplify the aforementioned values!) and pass this award on to them.


Kate Wicker because she's a kindred spirit
Laura at Catholic Teacher Musings because she makes me feel funny :)
Kelly at Soul Pockets because she's a beautiful mom and a real-life friend
Kelly's husband Dominic because he's smart
Mom to Five Minnies because she's an awesome photographer
Kim at Dog and Pony Show because she's SO sweet

7 comments:

momto5minnies said...

Awww thanks Cathy! You stated your likes (of blogs)so well that I am not sure I could add anything better.

THANKS ... I will get to this later ;)

Soul Pockets said...

Thank you Cathy. Your very sweet.

Kate Wicker said...

Cathy, thank you so much. You've been such a blessing in my life.

However, I'm not sure if my blog qualifies as lady-like since the word "fart" is, for better or worse, a part of my vernacular. :)

God Bless,
Kate

Laura said...

Thank you so much. I appreciate the warm and fuzzy blogger love.
If I received this before, do I have to give it back?
I will take care of it you know....

Unknown said...

This is like a bad chain mail thing.

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much Cathy. I think this is my first award.

Mary DeTurris Poust said...

Congrats on the award! Now, while you're in a fun and happy mood, how about this: You've been tagged! If you want to join the tag, head over to my blog and learn your fate.