I am so excited! I have been tagged for my very first meme! (You can tell I'm a newbie blogger because I am truly happy.) I feel like I got invited to sit at the cool kids' table. Thanks, Cassie!
Here we go!
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
What I was doing 10 years ago: Being mom to a then 11-year-old Rachel, 10-year-old Lauren, 6-year-old AJ and 3-year-old Joey. I was not sitting at a computer all day, like I love to do now. On the upside, I was being a much better hands-on homeschooling mom. On the downside, that hair color was really not quite right for me.
Five things on my To Do List today: (not in any particular order)
1. Counsel my 21-year-old daughter about how to get her fiance to be the man.
2. Dig out from the heap of urchin droppings that got dumped around here while I was out of town yesterday.
3. Organize cheese. I'm not kidding. I came upon about $500 worth of cheese yesterday, including 15lbs of blue cheese crumbles, a 5lb wheel of gorgonzola and a 10-lb brick of provolone. Please forward recipes.
4. Go to the post office to mail a copy of my book to a nice lady from New York. Hurray!
5. Add something really cool to my blog, like some sort of spyware that tells me if good-looking men are reading this.
Snacks I enjoy: Are you kidding? Are there any snacks I don't enjoy? I especially love good things that can be dipped in other good things, like potato chips and onion dip or hot, fresh tortilla chips with guacamole. But because I am carbohydrate-challenged, I usually stick with almonds or dark chocolate in small quantities, washed down with red wine, in larger quantities.
Things I would do if I were a billionaire: Wow...after paying off the (not insignificant) debts of myself and those I love, I would buy several homes large enough to breathe in. (At least one would be somewhere tropical.) Because I'm selfish, I think first of the fun ways I'd pamper myself, but don't you worry, I would LOVE to be able to do this: wouldn't it be awesome, every single day, to spend a chunk of money making someone else's life better -- and to do it anonymously? I would love that.
Three of my bad habits:
1. Beating dead horses
3. Leaving my shoes laying around
Five places I have lived:
1. Dearborn Heights, MI
2. Dearborn, MI
3. Hamtramck, MI
The apple didn't fall far from the tree. (Or maybe it just didn't get enough momemtum to roll very far!) After I make that billion I will add that tropical location and at least one more!
Five jobs I’ve had:
1. food service attendant at Greenfield Village
2. editorial assistant at a PR firm
3. clothing store saleslady
4. futon salesperson
5. book editor
Five people I want to know more about (a nice way of saying TAG!):
I hope some of you will play along. Tell me you aren't already jaded and tired of all this! It is fun for those of us just getting started!
OK, now that I feel really cool, like a real live blogger who has folks reading my blog, leaving comments and even tagging me for nemes...I'll leave you with something I really like that tells you how I feel today. I'm POPULAR!
And it's pizza day!